Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Texting and Driving

So I think pretty much everyone is guilty of texting and driving at some point.  I know I hate to admit it but I have done it before...take a quick peek at my phone while I am driving.  Technology is amazing and we live in a world where people are addicted to their phones and electronic devices and rely on them for everything.  I know I would be lost without my phone...I love my iPhone!!!  But seriously texting and driving needs to stop.  This weekend one of my good friends and one of my business partners (from Tripod Photography) was in a serious car accident.  She was driving with her boyfriend and her one year old and a woman who was texting veered over the double line into their lane and hit them head on!!!!  They had to use the jaws of life to get my friend out of the car.  Thank god they are all okay, my friend has a fractured spine and her boyfriend had to get 10 staples in his head and the baby had barely any injuries due to having an excellent car seat but it was scary for me to think about.  Things could have been a lot worse and all because of a text that probably said sup....lol...omg...or some other insignificant message.  We take the chance of our own lives when we decided to text and drive but probably never think how it could affect other people on the road as well.  So the next time stop and think about how important the text you are going to send is.  People will not vanish if you wait to text them when you arrive at your destination. 

  This is her car....no one wants their car to look like this :(

No comments:

Post a Comment