Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bookworm

Ahh to get lost in a book....what a great thing :)   I LOVE reading.....I have ever since I was a little girl.  I remember going to the library and having to put books back because I was over the checkout limit!!!  Every summer my local library would have a summer reading contest and if you read so many books you got to pick out a new book, I would get soo excited when I could choose a brand new book! 

With grad school I am unable to do as much fun (not textbooks) reading as I would like, but that will change soon when I am on summer break!!!  I do not have a favorite genre when it comes to books I read, if someone recommends it or it catches my eye I will give it a try.  I am currently reading the second book in the Hunger Games series: Catching Fire.

I had heard the Hunger Games series was good for a while but never got around to reading it, then with all the talk with the Hunger Games movie I decided to start reading these books.  Hunger Games took me a little while to get into it but once I did I was hooked and couldn't put it down and when I was done I immediately got the second book on my kindle :)  The books are great I would def recommend them. 

On the topic of Hunger Games there is the topic of Books to Movies.  I personally always find that I love the book so much better than the movie.  I know things have to be eliminated or reworked in order to fit in a movie but I just wish the movie could follow just like the book.  I think they don't add up because when I read a book I create the  book world in my head, characters  and what I think they look like and the funny thing is, its never the same as in the movie hahah wonder why. I will still go see all the movies of books I read.  I never realized how many movies are made out of books, recently when I have gone to the movies and the previews come on I'm like ohh that's a book I read that.  For example, with Extremely Loud and Incredible Close when I saw that preview I was like I know I know this story and then when they showed the title I was like ohhh yeah I read that book :) 

I don't think I will ever get tired of reading...its a chance for me to relax and escape from reality and get lost in a book.   The other day it was beautiful, sunny and warm and I went out on my patio and read.  We dont have any chairs out there yet hahah but I sat on the ground and read a few chapters :)  When I come across great books I will be sure to share them with you here.

Some of the books I have read recently and loved:

 Fantastic book!!!  The movie is great too :)

            Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, I have read all of his books and he never disappoints.  All of his books are amazing.


                   
  I know I know Twilight...but honestly I think the books are amazing, a great story.



Pinned Image I would LOVE to have this in my dream home...a window seat reading nook with books close at hand!!!

Happy Reading!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment