Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Adding Pop of Color to My Bathroom

DIY Project # 1 of 2013

So on my last trip to Michael's I was really in the mood to paint something…I don't know what it was but the paint and brushes were calling my name.  I picked out the paint and got some canvas.  The canvas at Michael's were buy one get one free (thumbs up for a deal) Now I had to figure out what I was going to paint.  I wanted to try and paint something I could hang in my bathroom as I have had one wall empty since I moved in and wanted to liven the place up, I mean I spend a lot of time in there getting ready everyday it should look good :) haha anyways…my bathroom color scheme is very neutral, tan and white shower curtain and towels and little pop of color in little jars and accent pieces so I wanted to add more color and this is what I ended up with…


I have seen this painting on Pinterest and they really are super easy to create.  All you need is a canvas, masking tape, paint, and brushes.  I started by taping strips of masking tape all over the canvas.  I did not do it in any kind of pattern just wherever I wanted to put it.  Then I painted the main color of the canvas covering the tape and applying 2 coats.  Then I removed the tape and had perfect white lines waiting for me underneath :)  I then used the other color and painted in the strips.  You could do more than two colors if you wanted and make it super fancy but I stuck with the blue and green.  I think it adds the right amount of color to my space and my shower curtain has geometric patterns just like the paintings so it goes hand in hand.  

Now on to the next project….

1 comment:

  1. I love your wall color and props for completing a pinterest project!

    ReplyDelete